Laundry Ball Facts
By Veronica Davis
eHow Contributing Writer
The laundry ball is a new alternative to the way that most of us have been doing laundry for ages. The laundry ball will allow you to clean your clothes naturally and will also save you money. If you have been looking for a way to save money and still wear the cleanest clothes possible, the laundry ball is worth considering.
Inside the Laundry Ball
1. The laundry ball is different from any other laundry item you may buy. What makes it special are the pellets with minerals that are inside of the laundry ball. The minerals that are inside of the ball naturally remove dirt and grime. The result is that when you use the laundry ball, you get cleaner and whiter clothes than if you used a traditional laundry detergent.
2. Using a laundry ball is beneficial because it saves you money. You may not think about how much your laundry detergent costs you because you feel like you have to buy it. The fact is that most people are paying quite a bit for laundry detergent, but they don’t have to be. When you use one laundry ball, you are getting the same cleaning power as 41 bottles of laundry detergent. Even if you spend $10 per bottle of laundry detergent, which is easy to do, one laundry ball would save you $410. It has been estimated that through the savings of power, water and laundry detergent, you could easily save $2,000 per year by using a laundry ball.
3. The laundry ball is eco friendly in addition to saving you time and money. The laundry ball is filled with natural minerals that do not leave any residue and are allergen-free, which means they won’t irritate skin or release toxins into the air. In addition, because you are not using laundry detergent, you can set the machine on the rinse cycle, saving time and electricity in the process of getting whiter, brighter, and fresher clothes right out of the washer.
4. The laundry ball is very easy to use. You simply need to place your dirty clothing in the washing machine as you usually would. Set your washer to a short or rinse cycle, and then throw in the laundry ball. This is all that needs to be done; when the washer is done, your clothes will be chemical- and residue-free and you will have saved time and money.
Extends the Life of Clothing
5. The laundry ball is beneficial because it extends the life of your clothing. Most clothing becomes discolored and faded when washed normally in a full cycle with laundry detergent. This is a natural process that happens during the oxidization of the fabrics through the use of water, which contains chloride. In addition, the detergent leaves a soapy residue on the clothes, changing the color over time. The laundry ball will allow for the clothes to be in the water for a shorter amount of time, reducing fading through oxidization and eliminating the soapy residue.